Annual Dinner - Shap Wells, Lake District
Fri 20th Oct - Sun 22nd Oct, 2017
Please contact the meet leader or the club.
The highlight of this year’s social calendar as usual will be the KMC Annual Dinner. This year we will be returning to Lake District and the most excellent Shap Wells Hotel. With a full weekend of outdoor activities and social events that brings together members, associate members and their partners from all over the UK and farther afield it is not to be missed!
This year’s extravaganza boasts two full days of outdoor activities (walking and climbing) a fabulous venue and a mouth-watering menu.
Sounds interesting - so what’s the plan?
If you are staying at the Shap Wells on the Friday night check in is from 3pm. In the evening, there will be an informal drinks in the bar starting around 8pm.
Low Level Walk: Meet leader – TBD.
Main Walk: Meet leader – TBD.
Climbing: Meet leader – TBD.
Call to Dinner: 6.45pm
Dinner: 7pm – 8.45 pm
Speeches: 9pm – 10pm Speakers, Raffle, Awards.
After dinner drinks: Retire to the bar from the end of the speeches until the inevitable end…
Raffle: If you would like to donate something to the raffle please contact Dan or bring it along on to the dinner on Saturday. Tickets are £2 each. All proceeds go direct to support Llanberis Mountain Rescue.
Low Level Walk: TBD. Meet leader – TBD
Main Walk: TBD. Meet leader – TBD
Climbing: TBD. Meet leader – TBD
Hangover: Almost guaranteed… – Meet leader TBD
I am really excited – where can I stay?
The KMC has reserved 25 rooms at the Shap Wells at £35 per person per night (including breakfast) and we fully expect demand to exceed supply. Rooms need to be booked by Monday 24th July 2017.
Room and Dinner for two persons:
- Package 1: 2 nights B&B for double occupancy plus Dinner for £210.
- Package 2: 1 nights B&B for double occupancy plus Dinner for £140.
Room and Dinner for one person:
- Package 3: 2 nights B&B for single occupancy plus Dinner for £125
- Package 4: 1 nights B&B for single occupancy plus Dinner for £80
Dinner Only (find your own accommodation):
- Package 5: Dinner at £25 per person.
So what culinary delights are in store for us?
(1) Cream of Vegetable Soup (vegetarian)
(2) Chicken Liver Pâté - Smooth pâté served with honey and whisky sauce and melba toast
(1) Roasted Vegetable Tatin - Root vegetables, shallots and leeks cooked under a puff pastry lid and inverted to serve (vegetarian)
(2) Game Pie - A rich stew of pheasant, venison, rabbit, mushrooms and shallots, under a short crust pastry lid
(1) Sticky Toffee Pudding - Rich date sponge with butterscotch sauce
(2) Profiteroles - Choux buns filled with crème patissiere coated in hot chocolate sauce
Followed by tea or coffee with mints
Sounds Great! How do I book and get more information?
Please book your place with Dan O’Brien stating which package you would like.
email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Text – 07872165542 leave your name and number and a time when you will be available for a call-back.
Payment: Deposit £25 per person to Dan O’Brien for packages 1,2,3 and 4. Pay in full for package 5. All deposits are non-refundable.
Deadline for booking accommodation Monday 24th July 2017.
The balance must be paid with your food order and no later than Sunday 10th September. Please make cheques payable to Karabiner MC.
Different meets require varying levels of experience and fitness. Please speak to the meet organiser before the meet if you are concerned about any issues with regard to the meet or your ability to participate in the activities proposed. Contact details can be found on the Contact Us page.