Fri 18th Oct - Sun 20th Oct, 2019
75th Anniversary Dinner
Please contact the meet leader or the club.
The highlight of the 2019 social calendar, as usual, will be the KMC Annual Dinner. This year, with special 75th Anniversary significance, we will be returning to North Wales and the always excellent Royal Victoria Hotel in Llanberis. With a full weekend of outdoor activities and social events that brings together members, associate members and their partners from all over the UK and farther afield it is not to be missed.
Sounds interesting - so what’s the plan?
- If you are staying at the The Royal Victoria on the Friday night check in is from 3pm. In the evening, there will be an informal drinks in the bar starting around 8pm.
- Social Low Level Walk: Meet leader TBD - please get in touch if you would like to volunteer.
- Main Walk: Meet leader TBD - please get in touch if you would like to volunteer.
- Climbing: Clogwyn-y-Grochan, Llanberis Pass – Dan O’Brien.
- Pre Dinner Drinks: from 5pm
- Call to Dinner: 6.45pm
- Dinner: 7pm – 8.45 pm
- Speeches: 9pm – 10pm Speakers, Raffle, Awards.
- After dinner drinks and disco: Retire to the bar downstairs for drinks, dancing and merriment until the inevitable end…
Raffle: If you would like to donate something to the raffle please contact Dan or bring it along on to the dinner on Saturday. Tickets are £2 each. All proceeds go direct to support Llanberis Mountain Rescue.
- Low Level Walk: TBD. Meet leader – TBD - please get in touch if you would like to volunteer.
- Main Walk: TBD. Meet leader – TBD - please get in touch if you would like to volunteer.
- Climbing: TBD. Meet leader – TBD - please get in touch if you would like to volunteer.
I am really excited – where can I stay?
The KMC has reserved 25 rooms (10 single, 5 twin and 10 double) at the The Royal Victoria and we fully expect demand to exceed supply. Rooms need to be booked by Friday 12th July 2019.
Room and Dinner for two persons:
- Package 1: 2 nights B&B for double or twin occupancy and Dinner for £242.
- Package 2: 1 night B&B for double or twin occupancy and Dinner for £152.
Room and Dinner for one person:
- Package 3: 2 nights B&B for single occupancy and Dinner for £142.
- Package 4: 1 night B&B for single occupancy and Dinner for £87.
Dinner Only (find your own accommodation):
- Package 5: Dinner at £32 per person.
Please note if you intend to stay at Ty Powdwr you need to tell us at the time of booking to ensure there is space for you. Obviously you will have to cover your own hut fees!
So what culinary delights are in store for us?
(1) Spiced carrot and coriander soup, cumin cream, herb crouton (v)
(2) Smooth chicken liver pate, onion marmalade, toasted Henllan bloomer
(3) Seafood rillette, picked vegetables, lemon honey dressing
(1) Pan roasted rump of Welsh lamb, lemon & thyme potatoes, buttered mixed greens, red currant jus
(2) Pan fried Hake, crushed new potatoes, cockle & parsley butter, baby vegetables & crispy kale
(3) Chicken and bacon salad with Llanberis honey dressing and Henllan bloomer
(4) Mediterranean vegetable stack, sweet potato rosti, rich tomato sauce, crispy kale (v)
(1) Maple glaced apple tart, crème anglaise
(2) Salted caramel profiteroles, Chantilly cream, chocolate sauce
(3) Lemon meringue, raspberry compote, iced raspberries
Followed by tea or coffee with mints
Sounds Great! How do I book?
Please book your place with Dan O’Brien stating which package you would like. Deadline for accommodation is Friday 12th July 2019. Deadline for dinner only is Monday 16th September 2019
- email – email@example.com.
- Text – 07872165542 leave your name and number and a time when you will be available for a call-back.
Payment: Deposit £25 per person for packages 1-4. Pay in full for package 5. All deposits are non-refundable.
The balance must be paid with your food order and no later than Monday 30th September 2019. Please make cheques payable to Karabiner MC or (preferably) pay directly into the club account (details on the website).
Different meets require varying levels of experience and fitness. Please speak to the meet organiser before the meet if you are concerned about any issues with regard to the meet or your ability to participate in the activities proposed. Contact details can be found on the Contact Us page.
If you are considering coming along to a club meet, please read the following:
"I accept that mountaineering, climbing and walking are activities with a risk of personal injury or death. I am aware of and shall accept these risks and wish to participate in these activities voluntarily and shall be responsible for my own actions and involvement."