Sat 20th Feb - Sun 21st Feb, 2021
Cancelled -Training: Outdoor First Aid
Outdoor First Aid
The club has arranged for a 2 day (16 hour) first aid course for members. The course is the same course that is mandatory for outdoor professionals, and is essential knowledge for anyone who spends time in the outdoors and remote areas, and for those who lead others into the outdoors. I hope you all consider joining the course.
This course includes training in: Roles & responsibilities, dealing with collapses (with and without breathing), choking, bleeding, shock, major illnesses, torso and limb injuries, environmental effects, Injuries caused by heat and cold, using first aid kit, outdoor incident management for different scenarios, answering queries such as when or how to remove boots, helmets and looking after a casualty for some hours.
This qualification is designed to provide outdoor incident management skills to attendees. The course is mainly practical and some elements will be outside in various terrains. The course is assessed by continual observation of candidate performance and a Multiple Choice Questionnaire.
On successful completion attendees will achieve a nationally recognized qualification that evidences there competence as an outdoor first aider.
- Attendees must attend both days (16 hours excluding breaks) to achieve the qualification.
- The cost of the course is discounted and is £100pp (If more than 6 attend this may be reduced further).
- The course is being held at Bradley Wood Scout Camp near Outlane, West Yorkshire. It is near M62 junction 24, approximately 30 mins from Manchester.
- The course is being ran according to current COVID-19 restrictions. Details will be given nearer the time.
- The qualification lasts for 3 years, and can be renewed by attendance on a similar 16 hour course.
Please email the meets leader or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Thank you.
Due to Covid restrictions many meets have been cancelled and remaining meets are members only. Please check back after the restrictions are lifted.