Sat 7th Oct - Sun 8th Oct, 2006
Ty Powdwr Working Party
Members: Dave Wylie, Al Metelko, Roger Daley, John Castick, Wavey, David Whittingham, John Evans, John Dobson, James Richardson. Guests: Annie Pettifer, Megan Anderson, Damien Holmes, Anja Wermeling.
- Pot holes filled in on track.
- Loose step on the way up to the hut has been fixed + the steps have weeded and holes filled.
- Two new benches have been created in the hut grounds.
- The wall on the left hand side while approaching the hut has been finished.
- The ovens have been cleaned.
- The mens toilets have been scrubbed again!
- Grass has been removed from the base of the hut and has been used to start building a ramp into the lower field.
- Two slates have been replaced.
- The gas store render has been completed.
- Rubbish (including crisp packets and beer cans) were removed from the back of the hut.
- The turning circle has been cleared.
- The cement mixer has been moved on to a plinth. May it rust in peace after 30 years of loyal service to the KMC.
- Various bits of grass were strimmed.
A fantastic meet where everyone worked extremely hard. The outside of the hut now looks a lot tidier. The four guests who turned up on this working meet all worked extremely hard to make YOUR hut a nicer place to be.
On Sunday Anja and I went for a wander on Moel Eilio while Al, Wavey and Wylie went to find a VD in the quarries. Everyone else left early.
As usual, James is looking for people to put a bit of time into the hut. There is always something to do! Please contact him if you can help.