Wed 17th Jun, 2020
Kilamanjaro the Hard Way: 8pm on Zoom
By Tim Howarth
2 Prosthetists (one was Me), 2 Doctors, 8 Amputees and 9 support walkers/partners. The plan? To walk over 120 Km to the top of Kilimanjaro! What could go wrong? Join me for some pretty pictures of Africa, a brief chat/rant on the ergonomics of working with an unestablished team to support a charity event in the great outdoors!
How to get the Zoom link:
Members: You will receive an email with the link from KMC secretary.
Prospectives: Fill out the form here (if you haven't already): https://www.karabiner.org/contacts/joining.php and then drop us a quick email to let us know you'd like to join us: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Zoom Security & Info
If you're worried about security, these are some tips:
- Make sure your computer or devices is running the latest version of the operating system and is up to date
- Make sure your firewall is active and is up to date
- Attend the meeting via a web browser
- If using the Zoom app, make sure the software is up to date and you are using the latest version
- It will be a requirement for you to register on Zoom before you log in, make sure you allow enough time before the meeting to do this
- The host will be able to control the muting and unmuting of your microphone. You will also have control of this - if you are not speaking please be considerate and mute yourself
- If you choose to share your webcam, be aware of what is in the background