Sun 24th Jan, 2021
Cancelled -Trail Orienteering
Trail Orienteering (It's a walking meet; unless you want to run)
Trail orienteering is a walking meet in the spectacular hills surrounding the village of Marsden, Colne Valley, West Yorkshire. Hidden in the hills are 10 orienteering controls that need to be found. Attendees are invited to navigate around the trails to find the controls. The route is a beautiful 6-7 miles long and takes in the best the valley has to offer. When you are finished, there are some lovely cafe's in Marsden for some tea and cake.
The walk will begin at The National Trust carpark in Marsden (near the train station). There is lots of space for cars and it’s free to park there. Participants will be given a map, a set of grid coordinates for the controls, and a punch card, but must remember to bring a compass!!
- Due to ongoing restrictions, participants must sign up before attending the meet. Please use the ‘Add me’ function on the web page, or email, text or call the meet leader.
- Full meet details will be provided once attendence is confirmed.
- Due to COVID restrictions, attendees are required to follow current KMC advice at all times. This will be provided once attendance is confirmed.
- Marsden is easily accessed by train. From Manchester Victoria it only takes about 20 mins.
- Marsden is on the very edge of OL1 so I’m going to print maps for everyone. Make sure you bring a compass though!
- It may be wet and muddy! Please come prepared for the prevailing conditions.
- Marsden is a small community that is used to walkers, however; it remains fairly quiet so please be respectful to local people.