Fri 22nd May - Mon 25th May, 2020
The KMC Newcomer Weekend: Ty Powdwr
Please contact the meet leader or the club.
- Would you like to join a mountaineering club, but aren't sure where to start?
- Want to join in mountain-based activities with friendly, experienced people?
- Want to meet new people to climb, walk, run, bike and swim with?
Come to our newcomer weekend where you'll have opportunities to explore the KMC, enjoy some of our activities, and meet our members. The meet is based at Ty Powdwr, our hut in Snowdonia national park, and over the May bank holiday weekend we will be running lots of activities for all members and non members. Confirmed activities are:
- Outdoor rock climbing - intro and leading single pitch
- Scrambling and adventure walking
- Wild swimming
- Mountain trekking and navigation
- Trail running
- Multipitch rock climbing
- Sport climbing
You can come along and take part in activities or come and go as you wish. We are a relaxed club, with members who tale part in a wide range of activities throughout the year. In the evenings there is time to eat, drink and socialise, and on Saturday evening we will open the KMC BBQ for an early season feast. Bring your own food to pop on the BBQ - we'll make sure there is a veggie/ vegan BBQ available.
Who can attend?
The newcomer meet is open to everyone - members and prospectives. All you need to do is sign up as a 'Prospective' on our 'Join KMC' page and you can come along for free*, to try us out. Some of the activities require prior knowledge, skills, experience or equipment, so once you're signed up we will send you further information and you can decide whice ones are a good match.
- £12 per night at the hut for non-members
- Directions and further info to follow
What to do now:
- Put the date in your calendar
- Email: email@example.com to let us know you're coming, how many nights you want to stay at the hut and what you're most interested in doing over the weekend
- Add yourself on the 'Intend to Attend' list below
*Free membership cover lasts 3 months and starts the day you attend your first meet. After this, you will pay the BMC fee to cover you with BMC insurance at our meets. For further information read the details on our Joining page.
Different meets require varying levels of experience and fitness. Please speak to the meet organiser before the meet if you are concerned about any issues with regard to the meet or your ability to participate in the activities proposed. Contact details can be found on the Contact Us page.
If you are considering coming along to a club meet, please read the following:
"I accept that mountaineering, climbing and walking are activities with a risk of personal injury or death. I am aware of and shall accept these risks and wish to participate in these activities voluntarily and shall be responsible for my own actions and involvement."