Wed 15th Jul, 2020
Virtual meet: Northern Lights
There are infinite motivations that draw us to the outdoors. Join us this evening for a talk by photographer, Paul Evans, about one of his:
"This will be an illustrated talk of my trip to Northern Sweden in Feb 2013 to photograph the aurora.
I spent a week there, and was very lucky with good weather on earth and bad "weather" on the sun.
I organised the trip myself, and will give some tips as to how and where to best see the aurora."
The talk will be presented on Zoom at 8pm, Wednesday 15 July 2020. Bring a cuppa and some nice snacks for a lovely evening in.
How to get the Zoom link:
Members: You will receive an email with the link from KMC secretary.
Prospectives: Fill out the form here (if you haven't already): https://www.karabiner.org/contacts/joining.php and then drop us a quick email to let us know you'd like to join us: email@example.com
General Zoom Security & Info
If you're worried about security, these are some tips:
- Make sure your computer or devices is running the latest version of the operating system and is up to date
- Make sure your firewall is active and is up to date
- Attend the meeting via a web browser
- If using the Zoom app, make sure the software is up to date and you are using the latest version
- It will be a requirement for you to register on Zoom before you log in, make sure you allow enough time before the meeting to do this
- The host will be able to control the muting and unmuting of your microphone. You will also have control of this - if you are not speaking please be considerate and mute yourself
- If you choose to share your webcam, be aware of what is in the background